CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Villa Speaks at last. I dont think Rafa ll pay though..

Valencia striker David Villa has revealed he would be interested in a move to England if the opportunity arose, with Liverpool his favourite club.
The Spanish international has been continually linked with a move to the Premiership with Chelsea and Liverpool among his suitors.
Villa is one of the most sought-after forwards in Europe after his goalscoring exploits for club and country in the last few years.
Liverpool tried to sign Villa before he joined Valencia and reports suggest they could make a new move for the skilful forward in the summer.
Villa, who says he follows Liverpool because of his friendship with Reds keeper Jose Reina, admits he would consider an offer to play in England.
"I never planned to play in England, but if an offer arrives I'll take a look at it," Villa told Zoo magazine.
"I'm a great follower of football all around the world and I watch lots of games from the Premiership.
"I don't have a favourite English team, but because of my friendships with some of their players, I follow Liverpool most. My favourite player there is my friend Pepe Reina."
Valencia are determined to keep hold of their prized asset and they inserted a buy-out clause of £85million in his contract.
Villa has admitted himself that the price tag on his head is "ludicrous".
"It seems like a ludicrous amount of money! I believe it is too much money," added Villa.
"But football is like that, so we'll have to wait and see what happens. But £70m is insane!"
At the price Chelsea would be the only realistic side capable of buying him funded by Roman Abramovich's millions and Villa is full of admiration for what the Russian billionaire has done at Stamford Bridge.
"Abramovich can spend his own money how he wants.
"He's certainly made Chelsea's fans happier! He's turned them into England's most successful club and I think that he seems like a good person."

0 comments: