CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Obligatory Post

Yes, I've come to grips that Manchester United beat Liverpool today by a scoreline 1 - 0.

Ahem, yet again, I may add. I'm gutted, but, life goes on. My only consolation is that Tevez actually put the ball in (on a training ground free kick...I'm pissed at all you Liverpool defenders on that one!), as readers of this blog know, I'm a big fan of Carlitos Tevez as well as many things Argentinian. instead of the "God-awful"(my words) John O'Shea. So, I suppose one can always look on the proverbial "bright side of life". Nevertheless, it looks at the halfway point, that we've dropped too many points (especially in the last two weeks) to be a viable candidate for the Premiership this year.

It may well be a "two horse race" but I'm not giving up just yet!

I know there will be talks with the Gaffer and George Gillette and Tom Hicks (the owners of Liverpool FC) this evening to clear the air. If things stay as they are, LIVERPOOL FC will not succeed. Both owners and Manager HAVE to work together. It's a fcuking team and business for fcuks sake!

I'm afraid I believe our LIVERPOOL FC, American owners, should show more interest, especially during the transfer window. None of this bullshit that "we'll talk when I get there." Don't get me wrong, Gillette and Hicks know how to run a sporting team. They've been successful in all of their current ventures. Although, I believe this one is a bit different. There is livelihood at work here!

I personally do not think George Gillette or Ton Hicks fully understand what buying "LIVERPOOL FC" actually meant to the community, not just local but worldwide. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to knock them, but I have certain issues that I've only read about and I have no obvious proof, but just personal theory. I mean, I'm positive they did their Due Diligence and saw how much revenue they earn worldwide, and looked at it as an "investment opportunity"? I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Everybody knows I'm no fan of Rafa Benitez. The man has given me more grey hair and temper tantrums than my girl for crissake. But, he is a knowledgeable manager with a record to prove it. One can just take a look at the current Valencia side. I've asked myself if Valencia would be in the same predicament if Rafa were still there? The answer is a surefire "NO!"

So, Rafa, is our gaffer, so I'll stand behind him. I know he's good. He's focused, at least publicly, on the youth development, which is how a football club should be built. Especially Liverpool FC. There is no reason there haven't been polished prospects brought up the the first team from Liverpool since, who?....Steven Gerrard and Jaime Carragher? C'mon this is ridiculous.

On the other hand, I also realize it's kind of hard to put together a Premiership winning side with Gerrard Houllier's mish-mash of mediocre players. I still think back (in retrospect obviously) and wondered what we would have made on a Top Scorer in the European Cup? There can always be questions, especially in retrospect, but I look back at Houllier and think what in the hell was he thinking? He could have off-loaded that pain in the arse El Hadji Diof, directly after the World Cup as well, for a pretty pound. I know he didn't play a day in the red shirt, but that would have been a great money maker. I mean he's not a deadly striker, so who cares? Take the 5M Sterling profit and run. Not Houllier though. He brought us the greats of Sinama-Pongolle, LeTallec, Cheyrou, Diof, Cisse (who I like, but I'm not sure he fits in at Liverpool), Diao, blah, blah, blah...

Rafael Benitez has brought us the Champions League, a Champions League Finale (which we lost to the corrupt thieves of AC Milano), and an F.A. Cup (against an extraordinary Chelsea side) in three short years. That is more trophies than most managers in the world can even dream of in a lifetime. He's done the business with Valencia...La Liga wise. Now, I'm hoping he can do it within the Premiership. Perhaps, I put too much hope and personal dreams on his shoulders? I don't know? He's gotta beat Fergie and Wenger to get the full-on props. Not to mention take the Premiership.

I'm afraid that it's not going to happen this year. UGH!

Manchester United 1 – 0 Liverpool

0 comments: