CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 23, 2007

Israel vs England

This goes without saying that this is by far one of the most important matches for England since the qualification for the world cup when Becks put us in by scoring that wonderful free kick. This match is important for a manager who seems out of his league and for a team who is struggling to find their form. I personally think that the reason England is struggling so much is because of the demands on the players in a world cup year. Think about players like Gerrard, Lampard, Robinson etc who have not stopped playing all year. The spent the summer preparing and playing in the world cup only to start a very demanding season right afterwards. Players should be allowed to rest a wee bit on a world cup year so that they can perform for club and country. All that being said I will clearly state that I want McLaren out of the England post.. I am not sure what the FA was doing hiring him in the first place even though you can pose the argument that in the past all world cup winning teams have had local managers guide them to victory but I think football has changed and we are seeing top managers from other countries do a job with their talented squads... I will give an example with Big Phil and Portugal and not because I dream of him taking over at England but because I believe he is doing the business with that team. My prayers will be answered soon... but in the main time Euro2008 won't be the same without England so lets go England...

2 comments:

Glendon said...

I think Big Phil owes alot to Christiano Ronaldo coming into his own as well.

The Gaffer said...

And the likes of Deco who became naturalized but that still begs the argument that you need a local manager to win the big trophy. History says so but I believe football has changed a lot and so we will see it happening otherwise very very soon.